Hi I’m Amber Turrill and I’m an independent advertising consultant. I work mostly with small to medium sized businesses and handle PPC, SEO, copy, graphic design, social – pretty much any form of online marketing. I provide individual consulting services to businesses of any size! To get a free quote, contact me at email@example.com.
A few facts about me to help us get to know each other:
- I began my marketing career over six years ago. I started out as an independent agent/publicist for artists and musicians (I still do that type of work for my husband, painter Ru Gomez.) I did a year stint at a large PPC agency in Austin, TX, then started my company in 2009.
- I also work with WhiteCoat Digital, a Neil Patel partner company, as their Funnel Engineer/Operations lady. They are awesome. 🙂 Yes, in case you’re wondering, I still do take on clients.
- My marketing specialties include content, strategy, determining KPI, social, SEO strategy (particularly onsite) and rolling any budget (large or small) into a comprehensive marketing plan that works.
- I co-host PPC 101, a (coming soon!) radio show on Cranberry.FM with my lovely co-host, David Ogletree.
- I teach community marketing empowerment classes and have created workshops and webinars for the Grammys, Brainhost and Betamore, a Baltimore local ad incubator.
Fun non-business stuff:
- I am a certified Kundalini yoga instructor and the marketing chair of the AQYC (Austin Queer Yoga Collective).
- I’m proud to support LGBT rights, BLM and take part in activism in those spaces.
- I’m a certified Reiki and probably a hippie.
- I’m a prolific ghostwriter. I pump out around a dozen books for people a year of various lengths, across genres.
- I’m currently co-authoring a book with my good friend Kelly Marshall, about grief (which I get into a little bit here).
- My primary passion in life is music. I play several instruments and hold an MA in Ethnomusicology from the University of Maryland @ College Park. I studied classical guitar as part of my undergraduate degree and still play.
- I was voted class clown my senior year of high school. If we ever have a phone chat, you’ll probably understand why.
- I’m married to my kickass, awesome husband Ru Gomez who is a full-time artist and musician.
- I have a cat named Charles. He’s awesome.